Section: History Category: Torah
|The 10 Crowns Of Shemini L'Milu'im|
|"VaYehi BaYom HaShemini" The eight day of the Milu'im, the day the Mishkan was inaugurated, was a special day as noted with the letter "Hey" before the word Shemini. Rashi says that this day took 10 crowns. The list is brought in Seder Olam.|
1. Yom Rishon - It was the first day of the week, which is the first day of creation.
2. Korban Nesi'im - The first day of the Korban of the Nesi'im that lasted for the next 12 days.
3. Hashra'as HaShechina - The first day the Shechina rested on Klal Yisroel in their new structure.
4. Issur Bama - Now with the new Mizbei'ach, it became Assur to sacrifice animals on any other altar.
5. Kehuna - It was the first day the Kohanim did the avodah. The past seven days Moshe did the avoda.
6. Bracha - The Kohanim did Birchas Kohanim for the first time.
7. Avodah - The first day of the daily avodah including the Korban Tamid.
8. Chodashim - The first day of Nissan the first month of the year.
9. Achilas Kodshim - The first day that Achilas Kodshim was to be done in the Mishkan.
10. Yeridas Eish - The first day a fire came down from Shamayim and devoured the meat on the Mizbei'ach.
Other articles in this category