The Sheva Mitzvos Bnei Noach according
to the Talmud, were given by Hashem to Noach as a binding set of laws for
all mankind. Any non-Jew who lives according to these laws is regarded
as a Chasid Umos Ha'Olam and is assured of a place in Olam Haba. The
seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud (Tosefta Avodah Zarah
8.4 quoted in Talmud Sanhedrin 56a.)
- Avodah Zara - Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before Hashem.
- Shefichas Damin - Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Bereishis 9:6)
- Giluy Arayos - Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit any of
a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest,
bestiality and male homosexuality.
- Gezeila - Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
- Birchas HaShem - Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
- Aiver Min HaChai - Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Bereishis 9:4)
- Dinim - Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.
A way to remember these seven are that the first three are the Three Aveiros Chamuros that we must be willing to die for. The next 4 are in accordance with the first four letters of the Aleph Bais
Aleph - Aiver Min HaChai
Bais - Birchas Hashem (a euphemism for blasphemy)
Gimmel - Gezeila
Dalet - Dinim
Submitted by Ratzon4 Thank you very much and Tizku L'Mitvos!