Section: People Category: Misc.
|9 People Who Entered Gan Eden Alive|
|Masechtas Derech Eretz Zuta lists 9 people who went into Gan Eden in their lifetime. |
1. Chanoch be Yered
- The father of Mesushelach was taken by Hashem when he was 365 years
old. Quite young for those days. The Medrash Agada says that he
became the Malach Matat.
2. Eliyahu HaNavi
4. Eliezer Eved Avrohom - The gemara Bava Basra (58a) says that when Rav Bana'a went into Meoras HaMachpela he saw Eliezer serving Avrohom.
5. Chiram Melech Tzur - In the Aleph Bais of Ben Sira
it says that Chiram was let into Gan Eden because he helped built the
first Bais HaMikdash and he was a Yarei Shamayim. After living in Gan
Eden 1,000 years he decided that he was a Deity and he was promptly
taken out and put into Gehinom. One Medrash says that he was married
to Nevuchadnetzar's mother.
6. Eved Melech HaKushi - He is
mentioned in Yirmiya (38:7) and he saved Yirmiya from the mud pit.
Some say he was Baruch ben Neria, Yirmiyahu's talmid. Others say he
was Tzidkiyahu himself. Rashi says that this was his name.
7. Ya'avatz the Son of Rebbi Yehuda Hanasi
8. Bisya bas Paroh
9. Serach bas Asher
Some say, Rav Yehoshua ben Levi who tricked the Malach HaMaves into
giving him his sword and showing him Gan Eden. When he got there he
ran inside and the Malach HaMaves couldn't chase him.
Other articles in this category