|Do the following once a day. (if this is too much, maybe do one/day)|
1. Spend 30 seconds thinking of Olam Haba
2. Say once "I love you Hashem"
3. Do one hidden act of chesed.
4. Be like Hashem who lifts the humble, say something to encourage someone.
5. Spend 1 minute about what happened yesterday (cheshbon hanefesh).
6. Your actions should be l'shem shamayim (say once during meals)
7. Look into someone's face and think - I'm seeing a tzelem Elokim
8. Just like Hashem's face shines on us, give someone a big smile.
9. When saying "malbish arumim", think about the great gift of garments.
When reciting the words, "If I forget you, Yerushalayim...," sit on
floor and think of loss of Yerushalayim (privately, 1 second).
* * *
He recommended doing the above exercises for thirty days. "If you feel exhausted, take a break and come back slowly. To become great, you have to be extreme."